Guest Jae Adams

Install Radiosity On Roku (ALL MODELS)

Guest Jae Adams

This the best way to avoid the Radiosity channel disappear or the annoying "Out of Service" message in your Roku device. 

PLEASE NOTE THAT AS OF AUGUST 1ST, 2017 ROKU IS NOT "OFFICIALLY" SUPPORTED
Requisites:
1.- Roku device connected to your LAN (wired or wireless).
2.- Microsoft Windows in a PC, Notebook or Virtualized Machine connected in the same Roku's LAN.

Step 1.
First, we must make sure that the developer mode is enabled on the ROKU player. To enable developer mode, press the following combination of keys on your ROKU remote control: Home, Home, Home, Up, Up, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right.

Step 2.
The "Developer Settings" screen will appear. Select "Enable installer and restart" and press "OK". The password selection screen appears, type the password "abc98745" (without the quotes) using the on-screen keyboard, then select "Set password and reboot". The ROKU player will reboot with developer mode enabled.

Step 3.
Download and save the "AppLoader.zip" i am including a download link of this file for you to download and unzip it on your computer.  

Step 4.
Run the application "AppLoader.exe" downloaded in step 3 

Step 5.
Now, fill out the information on the AppLoader application fields:
ROKU Hostname or IP: Here you will enter your ROKU device player's IP address. To see it, go to the "Settings->System->About" page in your ROKU device player, the IP address will be to the right of the "IP address" field (four numbers separated by dots, similar to this: 192.168.1.100).
Port: This should be left as it is (default value is 80).
Username: This should be left as it is (default value is rokudev).
2nd username field: Here you should enter the password that was defined in step 2: "abc98745" (without the quotes)
App PKG File: Here you will select the "radiosity-1.9.3.pkg" by clicking on the button with the triple dots (...).

Step 6.
Only after all of the above information is filled out the "Load" button will be enabled, then, Click on it, to load the application into your ROKU device. If any error occurs you will see a message box and loading will not be completed, if that happens review the information filled out in step 5 and try again.

Step 7.
If the application is loaded successfully, you should see the progress bar fill to 100% and then return to 0% showing "Ready" and the channel app will load on-screen.

When I test Radiosity on my Roku, I load it just as you state. I open and use the app, but when i close it, it disappears from the roku.  any thoughts on this? I still have several customers using Roku.

Guest Jae Adams

Do not exit the dev mode.  Previously, the process was to exit dev mode but since Roku pushed out another update, you should no longer do that.  Also, make sure you use the non standard password.

Guest Jae Adams

No problem.  Did you get it worked out?

Yes sir.  It is working.  I feel as if Apple bought out Roku because the control has ramped up considerably.  I am moving all my customers to Android as fast as they will move. Turtle power. lol. you guys have been the most professional providers I have had so far. Keep up the good work. 

Guest Jae Adams
2 hours ago, Robert Moore said:

Yes sir.  It is working.  I feel as if Apple bought out Roku because the control has ramped up considerably.  I am moving all my customers to Android as fast as they will move. Turtle power. lol. you guys have been the most professional providers I have had so far. Keep up the good work. 

Yeah, that's definitely the best way to do it.  Amazon is getting a little draconian now too, they are pulling Youtube from the Amazon Fire TV / Firesticks as of Jan 1, 2018.  In the end it's always the consumer that gets screwed.

Guest Jae Adams

Foks, Roku pushed out an update today that breaks Radiosity Dev fix and everyone else's 3rd part channels.  Do your self a favour and ditch that papwerweight.  

I'm trying to put my Roku developer mode, everything is fine until I use the app that can not finish downloading the app. I go back to the steps in the control and it tells me that it is not put in developer mode.

I am sorry to say but you are wasting your time using Roku for any 3rd party apps that they are not getting a kick back from.  Perhaps this will be resolved in the future but all my customers are either switching to android or subscribing to an approved iptv provider like Sling.  

3 hours ago, sehkostuch said:

i can't open the  file.   "AppLoader.zip" any ideas

it 

you need to extract it, put the mouse in the doc and do a right click and you will see (extract all) and click there. Then another doc will appear, click on it and you will see the loader?

i did i have paid twice on my credit card once on wed  the 31st at 9:23 pm order 191

and again today just a few minutes ago i have't rec'd a payment response yet 

is this what  you need

Status   ✓ Approved
Method   PayPal - The Safest Way To Pay Online
Transaction ID   6HB59338P22984143
Date   02/01/18 02:26 AM
Amount

$14.99

1 minute ago, sehkostuch said:

No my cc on the site I can send the confirmation email

3 minutes ago, sehkostuch said:

No my cc on the site I can send the confirmation email

I'm sorry to hear that. In that situation you need to send a message to the administrator (jae adams) I am a reseller, I do not have access when you buy in this store, what I can do for you, is to connect the service for a week for free if you are interested in what you communicate with him. send me the code if you wish for the week for free. in what you communicate with him.